Monday, October 4, 2010
HOW DOES ONE PREPARE FOR A PULL UP TEST?
- Work your Biceps and Lat's. Work your Biceps using curls, work your Lat's doing the Lat Pull Down.
- Find a bar and hang from it. Try to pull yourself up. Do this every other day and you will see improvement
- Partials from the Top. Jump or stand on a box to get your chin over the bar. (Don't stress your arms out here - just get to the top position the easiest way you can.) Lower yourself 1/4 of the way down, then pull back up.
- Partials from the Bottom. Starting from dead hang, pull yourself up as far as you can, slowly lower.
- Jumping Pull-Up. Starting from full extension, give yourself as small a boost as you need to get your chin over the bar.